FitBit Review: Does it Work?
Variety of products available for different lifestyles and needs
App needed to use products available on App Store, Google Store, and Microsoft Store
Comfortable to wear
May irritate sensitive skin
Fitbit is a line of high-tech active lifestyle products.
Claims & Features
- Track activity, exercise, food, weight, and sleep
- App and dashboard deliver complete connection 24/7
- “Unbeatable technology”
- Variety of products available to fit different lifestyles and needs
Cost & Availability
There are a variety of Fitbit products which range anywhere from about $60 to $250.
The TV commercial below has been airing as of this writing.
Fitbit is a line of electronic fitness trackers which can be worn during a variety of activities. They are typically minimal is appearance, but loaded with features.
Popular products include the Fitbit Charge HR which provides real-time heart rate monitoring, which allows for precise measuring of activity and even sleep.
Other Fitbit products include a line of one-named gadgets such as zip, one, flex, charge, surge, and aria. Products are categorized into Everyday Fitness, Active Fitness, Performance Fitness, Wi-Fi, and Product Extras.
All of the Fitbit products have a minimal display and are meant to be worn. Most are worn on the wrist and track a variety of activities such as steps, calories, heart rate, etc.
- Fitbit Zip: This gadget is merely carried with the user and tracks steps, distance, calories burned, and active minutes
- Fitbit One: Can be carried in pocket or purse and tracks steps, floors climbed, distance, calories burned, and active minutes
- Fitbit Flex: Tracks steps, distance, calories burned, and active minutes.
- Fitbit Charge: Described as an “activity+sleep wristband” the Charge tracks steps, calories burned, active minutes, plus sleep monitoring
- Fitbit Charge HR: The Charge HR adds heart rate monitoring to the features included in the regular Charge.
- Fitbit Surge: Featuring a larger display, Surge is described as “the ultimate fitness super watch” and includes distance, pace, split times, elevation climbed, and GPS tracking to review routes. Includes multi-sport features and continuous heart rate monitoring
- Fitbit Aria: This is a “Wi-Fi Smart Scale” to track body mass index which can include up to 8 different users.
There are a number of fitness trackers which perform similarly to Fitbit, with similar pricing.
Fitbit is a line of wearable fitness trackers. They are minimal in design, but loaded with excellent features. There are products covering a large range of prices and features, and Fitbit generally garners positive ratings online, from 3.5 to about 4 stars.
If you’ve used Fitbit, please give it a star rating and comment below.